August 19, 2010

Classic recipe: Spaghetti with meat sauce for dummies

MMMMMM....YUMMY

I craved it for the longest time!! Its soooo good. And it makes great leftovers for work or school. Easy to make, a classic, everyone loves it. 


You will need:

-Ground beef. The quantity depends on your appetite.
-A medium sized onion, thinly chopped.
-Garlic (to your taste)
-Olive oil
-Herbs (I use "herbes de provence)
-Canned tomato sauce (I used Garden Select's "garlic and onion"
-Ketchup (optional)
-Spices of your choice (I used GOYA ADOBO....my carribean/latino people know what this is)
-Spaghetti (duh)

SO!

-Boil water, add the pasta, let it cook between medium and high until pasta is ready. (tip: taste it! No one wants undercooked pasta).
-In a large pan, add two tablespoons of olive oil, then add the meat with the spices. Mix, then cook on medium heat until browned. Stir it often!
-Add the chopped onion, garlic and herbs. Stir.
-Add about 2-3 tablespoons of ketchup. It adds a little bit of sweetness to the sauce.
-Add the tomato sauce, mix. Let everything cook on low for about 10 minutes.
-In an individual bowl, add the drained spaghetti, and add some sauce on it. Savor! Yummy!!

Tips:
-I add a drizzle of olive oil on my plate, for the taste.
-You can make your own tomato sauce, if you have the time. It takes awhile but you can make a big batch and freeze the rest.
-Speaking of freeze, this sauce can be freezed and used another time.
-You can also add carrots. But I don't like carrots, so they are rarely part of my recipes!
-When I have em, I add a couple of chopped tomatoes and zucchini. 
-Don't overcook the meat! The sauce will just taste strange (learned it the hard way).
-You can add some heat to it! Hot sauce...mmmm.

Picture from www.metro.ca 


No comments:

Post a Comment

add this