June 3, 2012

30 Day Blogging challenge. Day 3: A book you love

DAY 3: A BOOK YOU LOVE


I have read a lot of amazing books in my life but my absolute favorite, the one I read at least two times a year and whose cover is MISSING since I read it so many times is.........."drum rolls".............

Bridget Jones' Diary





Believe it or not. And trust me, the movie did not give the book any justice. This book is simply hilarious! Not just a book for chicks but I believe that even guys should find it hilarious. I remember making my guy friends simply read a page or a paragraph and they laughed until they cried.


Bridget Jones is a young woman living in London and approaching her thirties. Her witty personality, misfortunes and awkward love life is what makes this book so interesting. How she weighs herself and adds an explanation to the results at the beginning of each chapter is to die for. Here is an example:


Sunday, January 1


129 lbs (but post-Christmas), Alcohol units: 14 (But effectively covers 2 days as 4 hours of party was on New Years Day), cigarettes: 22, calories: 5424


And then she goes on about her clumsy life. It's a fun read. Don't watch the movie though.


Other nominations of books I love:
-48 Laws of Power
-The Alchemist
-Anything by Mary Higgins Clark
-Anything by Stephen King
-Confessions of a Shopaholic
-The Coldest Winter Ever
-Zane books (shhhhhhhhh....)

No comments:

Post a Comment

add this