December 21, 2010

Recipe of the week: Yummy stuffed potatoes

I love those cooking books called "Marabout Chef" and they had tons of them the last time I went to the Book Fair (Salon du livre). One of them ONLY had potato recipes! I really wanted it, but chose other books instead :( Anyways, my point is, I quickly went through the book and memorized as many recipes and ideas as I could...lol. Hey! Sometimes you gotta do watchu gotta do! 



This stuffed potatoes recipe looked yummy! To be honest, I don't really recall what they used exactly for the recipe, but I can defiitely recall seeing potatoes and lots of meat (YES!!!!!!!)! I basically remembered as much as I could and added some "Sassou flavour" to it all! Check check, check it outttttt!

YOU WILL NEED
-Medium sized potatoes (small one if you wanna make apetizers)
-Bacon, ham, or whatever meat you have left in the fridge, chopped.
-Medium sized onion, thinly chopped
-Butter
-Spices (I used Goya Adobo and pepper)
-Chives or green onion, chopped (optional)
-Cheese (I used mozzarella)

SO!
-Put the potatoes in the microwave for about 10 minutes, or until they are soft, but not TOO soft (check em every 2-3 minutes).
-While the potatoes are heating, heat up a pan and fry the onions until tender. Add the meat and sauté everthing for another 2-3 minutes or until the meat starts to brown a little.
-Take the potatoes out of the microwave, check if they are soft enough in the middle (to be mashed), but hard enough on the outside (presentation baby, presentation)
-With a knife, do an O in the middle of the potato. From there, take out the middle of the potato, the O, with a medium sized spoon. Repeat for each potato, and put the "middle parts" in a separate bowl. MASH (with a masher, of course. But if you don't have one, a fork does the work)
-Add all remaining ingredients to the mashed potatoes. Taste. Add more spices until you are happy and satisfied.
-With a spoon, put the mashed potato mix inside the original potatoes. 
-ENJOY!!

It also goes greeeeat with gravy!

P.S. You can also put the cheese on top and put it in the oven for an "au gratin" taste. I did it the first time I tried this recipe and it turned out delicious! However, this time, I was too hungry and couldn't wait an extra 10 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

add this