November 7, 2012

Best chewy oatmeal cookie recipe EVER

Okay.

I love cookies. I just do. Call me Sass the Cookie Monster, I don't care. And I don't really like the super sweet cookies with 3 types of chocolate in them. I like cranberry cookies. Lemon cookies and of course....



Oatmeal cookies. Om nom nom. 

Back when I was in high school, I remember getting a huge oatmeal cookie almost every morning at the cafeteria. It was always fresh and perfectly crispy AND chewy at the same time. Ever since I've left this school (of course, I finished high school almost ten years ago. Omg. I'm getting old...omg...), I was never able to find a cookie that was as yummy. Sooooo I had to attempt re-creating it, if you know what I mean.

There are lots of recipes online for chewy oatmeal cookies but this one is guaranteed to make you go back for more. I finally found the good set of ingrediants to achieve mini, yummy and chewy oatmeal cookies.



Since I have braces, I'm a little bit "MEH" about adding things like walnuts or dried raisins but feel free to add them! However, i did add some flaxseed for a little bit of crunch. Check out the easy recipe below. You can literally make this in 20 minutes if you don't feel like chilling the dough.

For about 30 cookies...

YOU WILL NEED

-1 cup of brown sugar
-1/2 cup of softened & unsalted butter 
-1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
-1 egg
-1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
-1/2 teaspoon of salt 
-1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
-1/2 cup of all purpose flour
-1/4 cup of corn starch (if you don't have any, replace with 1/2 cup of flour)
-1 1/2 cups of instant oatmeal (use rolled oats if you prefer)
-1/4 cup of flaxseed

SO!

-Preheat the oven at 350 F
-In a small bowl, mix the cinnamon, salt, baking soda, flour and corn starch. Set aside.
-With a hand mixer, cream the brown sugar, butter, vanilla extract and egg until the mixture is uniform. Slowly add the dry ingredients (flour etc...) to the mixture and continue mixing until you get a homogeneous texture.
-Stop using the hand mixer. I'm serious. Un-plug it. You really don't need it anymore. (one of the mistakes I made LAST time :S )
-So! Add the oatmeal + flaxseed to the mixture and mix with a spatula.
-On a baking sheet, add a spoonful of dough for each cookie. Cover and refrigerate at least 30 minutes before baking. That way, the cookies will not be too thin. Trust me on this one :) 
-Bake cookies for 10-12 minutes until they browned just a little bit around the edges but still look kind of undercooked. They will harden once they cool! 

That's it! 

Ohhhh by the way...

I added some Nutella to one of the batches today. I don't know how it tastes yet but I will give you news. Should be good, you can't go wrong with Nutella.


No comments:

Post a Comment

add this