March 29, 2010

RecipeS of the week...with an S because I had a CRAZY dinner party!

And it all cost me 60 bucks! 


So i'm leaving this apartment that I love and I decided to have a cool dinner party for my family and close friends. 


I had an 80$ budget for ALL THE FOOD (:O) and the Dollarama stuff (plastic plates, foil etc.). But the dinner party turned out great! How do I know? There was nothing left! And I got compliments! Enough to make me smile and continue having those lil dinner parties :) The things that I did to save money: I asked everyone to bring the wine, and I went to Maxi instead of Metro (LOTS of savings!). And thanks to my wonderful friend Jeanne for bringing the baguette and the meat pâté :)


Since I love you guys so much (thank you so much for following my blog, it means so much to me), I will share with you my menu and the recipes! P.S. The food dissapeared so quickly that I don't have pictures of everything!


The menu:
-Shrimp in puff pastry
-Sausage and bacon rolls
-Mini veal burgers 
-Asian chicken brochettes (Everyone's favorite!)
-Macaroni "au gratin" haitian/sassou style
-Couscous
-Toblerone chocolate fondue with asian fried bananas and fresh fruit



SHRIMP IN PUFF PASTRY

I love shrimp and I love garlic, so imagine combining the two for an amazing apetizer!!! The pack of shrimp was on special at Maxi for 5$! heheheh


You will need:
-Shrimp (the frozen pack...please please remove the tail when you unfreeze them...i'm just sayin)





-Butter
-Fresh garlic (or if you don't have any, garlic powder will work just fiiine)
-Fresh parsley, or herbes de provences (a french herbs blend)
-Any puff pastry, already made (no time to make any pastry). You can even use the Pillsbury dough. 


In a pan, melt two tablespoons of butter on medium heat. Add the garlic, then the shrimp. Then add the herbs. Let cook for about 5 minutes, then turn off the stove.


On a cookie sheet, roll out the puff pastry and cut it into small triangles, or squares, or cut them round. Be original! I cut them into squares, then triangles. On a cookie plate, I put each a shrimp on each triangle, then fold it over. Put in the oven for 15 min on 350, then serve! mmmmiam!


SAUSAGE AND BACON ROLL

OMG this one is sooo easy! my mom used to make them when I was a kid, and I was easily able to help her!


You'll need:
-Hot dog wieners (chicken, pork or whatever sausage u find at the supermarket)
-Bacon


Cut each hot dog in 3 equal pieces, same thing with each piece of bacon. Wrap the third of the hot dog with the third of the bacon. Put each roll in an oven dish, and cook at 400 for 20-25 minutes. Serve with ketchup!


More recipes coming up! Here's a picture of me and my friends after enjoying the food :)





1 comment:

  1. Yum yum, it looks delicious. Where did you learn how to cook these great gourmet? Interesting stuff...

    ReplyDelete

add this