October 15, 2010

Recipe of the week: Toblerone Chocolate Fondue

Imagine... Melted chocolate.....crunchy nougat....milk....fruits....Perfect recipe for a romantic night in (candles and all...ahhhh) or for desert when you're having a party. When I make it, I sometimes don't even have time to taste it because people litteraly JUMP on it!

Although it's super easy to make, I never shared it (oops). I usually make people come over, I make it for them, then get that grin of satisfaction when I see them get that "food orgasm". Once again, thank you to Andreanne's mom (and family) for making this recipe at the chalet in Saint-Sauveur, back in the days.

YOU WILL NEED:

-Toblerone milk chocolate (The biggest format: 400 g)
-1/2 to 3/4 a cup of milk (I'm lactose intolerant, so I usually use soy or evaporated milk)
-Chopped fruits, to dip in the chocolate (My favorite: Strawberries, bananas, apples, tangerines, pears)
-Fondue pot (available for very cheap at stores like Stokes, Wal-Mart etc..). If you don't have one it's okay! Just serve it while it's very hot in a large bowl and re-heat it when needed in the microwave.

SO!
-In a pan, break the chocolate in smaller pieces. Add a bit of milk, and turn on the stove between minimum and medium.
-Watch the chocolate melt. Niiiice...
-Add milk, until you get your desired consistency. You don't want it to be too thick...
-Don't taste yet. You will burn your tongue.
-When you get your desired consistency, put in the fondue pot or in a large bowl. Serve with the fruits. When I have time, I serve them with my famous banana fritters...but this takes longer. I will share that yummy recipe in another post. 

That was easy, huh? Click "read more" to see pictures of people enjoying this Toblerone chocolate fondue.

Photos above from: HERE and THERE



Yummy!

Ok at this point do we really need to cut the fruits?

Don't wear white!!

Enjoying the fondue with banana fritters :)

1 comment:

  1. I make chocolate fondu a lot for friends, and we always love it! I've never thought of using anything other than the standard chocolate and cream, I can't wait to try this next time! Thanks for the great idea :) - Cathy Pieroz at Ray White Alexandra Hills

    ReplyDelete

add this