January 10, 2011

Recipe of the week: Pork chops for the lazy people...with wine and dijon mustard sauce

Today i was suuuuper lazy! I woke up late, went back to sleep, woke up, went back to sleep. And when I finally woke up for good, I didn't do much...well except watch marathons of "The Game" and bbm everyone. ANYWAYS! Although I was a vegetable, I didn't wanna order food, but at the same time, didn't wanna make anything complicated. #LAZYASSME!!! 


This is one of the first recipes I learned how to cook, thanks to Rachael Ray's "30 minute meals". Of course, I always added a touch of "SASSOU" when making them :) You can eat em' with or without the sauce (I happen to not like my meat dry)...I've had them with just a side of bbq sauce and they are just as good! This is a quick meal that is tasty AND economical!

YOU WILL NEED
(for two people)


-4 mini pork chops
-Half a cup of flour in a plate
-3/4 of a cup of bread crumbs in a plate
-2 egg yolks
-Two tablespoons of dijon mustard
-1 cup of white wine
-Spices (I used Goya Adobo, salt and pepper)
-One tablespoon of corn starch (or two tablespoons of flour)
-One tablespoon of butter
-One tablespoon of chopped parsley

SO!
-Turn on the oven at 350 degrees
-In a small bown, mix the egg yolks with a tablespoon of dijon mustard. Set aside
-Spice up the pork chops on both sides
-Take a pork chop, dip each side in the flour, then in the egg mixture, and then each side in the bread crumbs (make sure they are well covered). Put in a plate that goes in the oven. Repeat with each pork chop! 

-Put the pork chops in the oven until they start to brown (approximately 20 minutes)

While the pork chops are cooking....
-Mix half a cup of COLD water (very important that the water is cold, or else you will get crumbles) with the tablespoon of corn starch. Set aside. 
-Turn the stove to medium
-Bring the wine to a boil. When it starts boiling, add the other tablespoon of dijon mustard and mix it well.
-Add the cold water/corn starch mixture to the wine/dijon sauce.
-Once the sauce starts to thicken (very quickly), add the tablespoon of butter, the freshly chopped parsley and spices of your choices (I added pepper). 


Serve the pork chops with the sauce on top! YUMMY!!!

I had it with white wine risotto and brocoli! It was great :D




No comments:

Post a Comment

add this